If you’re thinking of taking on a kitchen remodel, you’ve probably been doing your fair share of research on cabinetry. You want to find high-quality cabinets that will keep your kitchen looking beautiful for years.
At Standard Companies, one of our most reputable cabinetry suppliers is Merillat Cabinetry. Here’s a complete guide to their company and products to help you determine if their cabinetry may be a good fit for you.
Are Merillat Cabinets Good Quality?
Merillat Cabinetry has been dedicated to crafting quality cabinetry since 1946. With decades of experience, they’ve grown to become one of the largest cabinet makers in the United States.
Merillat prides themselves on their products’ good looks, fresh style, and timeless design. However, their emphasis on design is also matched with great functionality and meticulous product quality. Merillat cabinets are specifically engineered to withstand use in a kitchen for years.
Not only does Merillat offer cabinets with exceptional quality, but they’re committed to sustainable manufacturing practices as well. As proof of their environmental consciousness, they received an Environmental Stewardship Certification through the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association (KCMA).
How Are Merillat Cabinets Made?
Merillat cabinets are manufactured in plants all across the United States. In fact, they’ve nicknamed themselves “America’s Cabinetmaker” because of their widespread presence throughout the country.
One of the best parts of Merillat cabinets is that they’re highly customizable. You’re able to pick and choose materials, styles, and finishes that best match the aesthetic of your home. Then, Merillat designers and engineers create them with exceptional care and attention to detail.
Most of Merillat’s cabinets are made of wood. Maple, oak, cherry, or hickory wood species options are available for you to choose from. There are a few laminate and textured options as well.
Here are some construction specifications for Merillat’s Classic Collection:
- ⅜ inch engineered wood wall backs and ¼ inch engineered wood base backs. These backs extend down to the floor and provide a strong base. They are then joined by a ½ inch thick piece of wood, joints, and adhesive.
- The hardwood door frame is ¾ inch thick. Clear pliable bumpers are added to reduce noise upon closure.
- Any wall cabinet shelves are ¾ inch thick engineered wood, and they are completely adjustable to suit your storage needs.
- Cabinet sides, bottoms, and shelves have moisture and stain-resistant technology to ensure interior cleanliness.
- I-beam braces provide strength and stability for touch points with countertops.
- SoftAction hinges are adjustable six ways and available in full and traditional overlay drawers.
For more specifications, check out Merillat’s Construction Details page.
What Merillat Cabinetry Options Are There?
Merillat Cabinetry offers various collections of cabinetry options. At Standard Companies, we offer Merillat’s Classic Collection. This collection offers a wide variety of door types, styles, displays, and hardware.
Merillat Cabinet Door Types
Merillat’s Classic Collection offers almost every type of cabinet door on the market. Here’s a description of some of their most popular options:
- Full overlay — Door and drawer fronts cover the cabinet face almost completely, only revealing less than 1/2 inch of frame between each cabinet.
- Partial overlay — Door and drawer fronts cover the cabinet face only partially, revealing about 1-2 inches of cabinet face between each cabinet.
- Raised center panel — The cabinet’s center panel raises to match the thickness of the door frame.
- Recessed center panel — The cabinet’s center panel recesses below the thickness of the door frame, so the door frame acts as a border.
- Slab panel — The cabinet door is a simple, clean, uncut slab of wood.
Merillat Cabinet Door Styles
Aside from the various door types, Merillat offers over 31 door styles. Each of these styles represents a different door type, however some of them come in multiple wood or laminate options. For example, Merillat’s Tolani style is a full overlay door that comes in maple, oak, or cherry wood species.
Merillat’s Classic Collection includes style designs that are modern, contemporary, classic, and elegant. To take a closer look at which one might suit your home best, take a look at Merillat’s Classic Collection brochure.
Merillat Cabinet Displays and Hardware
After you’ve created the basic design of your cabinetry, Merillat’s Classic Collection offers extra display and hardware add-ons. You can choose from various glass display designs, as well as decorative door knobs. These add-ons can help make your cabinets look beautiful in your home and unique among others.
Which Merillat Cabinetry Finishes Can I Choose From?
Merillat knows that the right color or stain is what truly makes your cabinetry fit your home. For this reason, Merillat’s Classic Collection is available in over six different paint colors and 17 different stains. Available paint colors include:
Merillat’s available stains come in various shades, from natural light to dusk. And if those options don’t quite seem right for you, Merillat also offers various glazed highlighting, laminate, and thermofoil options to ensure you’re satisfied with your product.
Is There A Merillat Cabinetry Warranty?
Yes! As part of their promise to provide you with quality products, Merillat Cabinetry offers a generous 25-year limited warranty on all doors, hinges, and drawer guides.
Interested in Merillat Cabinetry for your new home, your kitchen renovation, or multi-family property? Standard Companies is here to help! We proudly supply a wide selection of Merillat options, and our Kitchen Design and Planning experts would be happy to match you with the style and finish that best suits your project. Give us a call or contact us online today.